Thursday, November 3, 2011

Baked Chicken

Tuesday night was a food disaster! I attempted to try lasagna in the crockpot...ugh! Now, you have to understand that I make a mean lasagna, so I was really stepping out on a limb to try something new. Note to self: Cook "real" lasagna using mom's old recipe even if it takes two hours on a Sunday afternoon!!!
Fortunately, Wednesday's dinner was delicious! This is the easiest recipe for baked chicken. It requires practically no prep. I did laundry, cleaned two bathrooms, and helped with a school project while it cooked!
Ingredients:
2 or 3 large bone-in chicken breasts (My family of four can make a meal of just 2!)
1 bottle of Italian dressing
Tony Chachere's seasoning
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish.
3. Sprinkle with Tony's seasoning.
4. Coat liberally with Italian dressing. (I use almost 2/3 of the bottle.)
5. Bake for 55 minutes or until juices run clear.
That's it! We ate our chicken with Margaret Holmes seasoned mixed greens, Glory seasoned string beans w/potatoes, and creamed corn. Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment