Monday, April 9, 2012
One of our favorite weekend meals is lasagna. For years I used my mom's recipe for homemade lasagna, but it takes at least two hours from start to finish to create her masterpiece. That kind of time commitment to create a meal isn't really my style! Enter the picture: oven-ready lasagna noodles and Hunt's Four Cheese spaghetti sauce. The lasagna can be assembled in about 15 minutes. It bakes for an hour and is super yummy!! (This recipe makes enough to feed a crowd and still have leftovers.)
1 12 oz. box oven-ready lasagna noodles
2 lbs. lean ground beef
2 cans Hunt's Four Cheese spaghetti sauce
1 16 oz. carton small curd cottage cheese
4 cups shredded mozzerella cheese
grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Brown and drain ground meat.
3. Add spaghetti sauce to meat and heat over medium heat until warm through.
4. Spread approximately 1/3 of the meat sauce in the bottom of a large lasagna pan.
5. Layer lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
6. Spread 1/2 of the carton of cottage cheese over the lasagna noodles.
7. Cover cottage cheese with 1/3 of meat sauce.
8. Spread 2 cups of mozzerella over sauce.
9. Sprinkle a generous layer of parmesan.
10. Repeat steps 5-9: noodles, cottage cheese, meat sauce, mozzerella, parmesan.
11. Cover pan with aluminum foil. (Seal edges tightly to keep in moisture.)
12. Bake for 1 hour, covered.
Uncover and enjoy!