Follow this simple recipe to create two meals in one! The soup recipe makes enough for two meals. Enjoy soup the first night. Reserve the leftovers and add cooked chicken and rice the second night for a yummy casserole.
Meal One: Broccoli and Cheese Soup
1 qt. water
1 16 oz. package frozen chopped broccoli
1 cup chopped onion (I buy bags of Pictsweet frozen chopped onions to keep on hand for quick prep. Walmart has these on sale this week for $1 per bag.)
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
16 oz. Velveeta cheese (1/2 large block), in small cubes
Tony Chachere's seasoning(to taste)
1. Combine water, broccoli, and onion and bring to boil. Cook till broccoli is tender.
2. Reduce heat and add soups, Velveeta, and Tony's seasoning.
3. Cook 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Perfect for a cool fall evening!
Meal Two: Broccoli, chicken, and cheese casserole.
Leftover soup from Meal One
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Boil chicken and shred into small pieces.
3. Prepare 4-6 servings of instant rice (depending on how much soup you have left).
4. Combine leftover soup, chicken, and rice in large casserole dish.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes.