Need super fast meal ideas? Here are two that can be prepared in less than 15 minutes! Again, I make no claims of gourmet food in this blog. Just easy meals that beat fast-food any day of the week!
15-minute meal #1: Blue Runner Red Beans and Rice
1. Slice a package of your favorite smoked sausage. Brown.
2. While sausage is cooking, mix a box of Jiffy cornbread mix. Place in preheated oven.
3. Add a can of Blue Runner Spicy Creole Red Beans, and add water to desired consistency.
4. While red beans simmer, cook 4 servings of instant rice.
5. Serve red beans and rice with cornbread.
No, these beans haven't simmered for hours, but they sure are good!
15-minute meal #2: Sloppy Roast Beef Po-Boys
1. Combine 1 lb. of sliced deli roast beef and 1 can of beef gravy in small pot over medium heat.
2. Serve on po-boy bread with swiss cheese, mayo, and any other sandwich dressings you might like. We heat ours in the toaster oven to melt the cheese!
Okay ladies, some of you are self-proclaimed "bad cooks," but it doesn't get any easier than this! You can feed your family with little effort, on a budget, in a hurry...it just takes a little planning and creativity!!