My husband loves sweets - ice cream, cakes, pies - but he is diabetic, so I am always on the lookout for sugar-free treats! One of my co-workers made a delicious eclair cake for the teachers on the last day of school. When I learned the ingredients, I knew I could adapt this one to an almost sugar-free dessert. I tried it earlier this week, and it was a huge hit at my house! It makes a 9X13 cake, so there is plenty for the whole family (and any company that may show up) for days!!
one box honey graham crackers
2-8 oz. tubs of Cool Whip
1 small box sugar free instant chocolate pudding (& skim milk as directed on box)
1 small box sugar free instant vanilla pudding (& skim milk as directed on box)
1 tub sugar free chocolate icing
1. Place a single layer of graham cracker squares on the bottom of a 9X13 cake dish.
2. Prepare choclate pudding as directed on box. Fold one tub of Cool Whip into the prepared pudding. (Do not use the mixer. Folding retains the fluffiness.) Spread pudding mixture over the crackers.
3. Add another layer of crackers.
4. Prepare vanilla pudding as directed on box. Fold the other tub of Cool Whip into the prepared vanilla pudding. Spread pudding mixture over the crackers.
5. Add another layer of crackers.
6. Remove foil from choclate icing. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat this process two more times so that icing can be easily spread over the last layer of crackers. You must move quickly so that the icing doesn't begin to harden until you have a smooth top layer.
ENJOY with a glass of skim milk! Yum!!