Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Baked Ziti Pasta

Well, Monday's chicken quesidillas were a huge hit at my house! I added a packet of fajita seasoning mix and 1/3 cup of water to the chicken and Rotel when I put them in the crockpot that morning. The flavor was delicious!
Today's recipe is a super easy one that my friend Jenny shared with me several years ago. My kids love it! It is also easy to prepare this one in bulk and freeze pans for later.
Ingredients:
1 can Hunt's Zesty and Spicy spaghetti sauce
1 lb. lean ground beef
10 or 12 oz. package ziti pasta
shredded mozzerella cheese
parmesan cheese
Directions:
1. Brown & drain ground meat.
2. Add can of spaghetti sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. While meat sauce is simmering, boil ziti according to directions. Drain.
4. Mix ziti and meat sauce and pour into casserole dish.
5. Layer mozzerella and parmesan on top.
6. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
7. Serve with salad and garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment