This recipe is for my mom's chicken salad. It is super creamy and perfect for sandwiches. It can also be served over a bed of lettuce with fruit and crackers. However, I like a chunky chicken salad filled with grapes, apples, and pecans for eating with crackers. I think this particular recipe works best as more of a spread on croissants or your other favorite bread.
cooked rotisserie chicken (from the grocery store deli)
3 stalks green onions
3 stalks celery
1 1/2 cups mayo
1/2 cup spicy brown mustard (Zatarain's works best!)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
Tony Chachere's creole seasoning (to taste)
1. Remove meat from chicken.
2. Blend chicken in food processor until smooth. Set aside.
3. Chop green onions and celery into small pieces. Process until finely chopped.
4. In mixing bowl, combine mayo, mustard, and seasonings.
5. Combine all ingredients and refrigerate one hour before serving.