My husband and I created this new recipe together in the kitchen one day last week. I was browning chicken for stir fry when he came into the kitchen and started digging through the pantry and freezer. He began adding random ingredients into the skillet with the chicken, and this yummy meal was created in no time at all! It's a delicious dish that will have your kids begging for seconds. Another great way to get them to eat spinach. Hope you enjoy!!
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 bunch green onions
1 bell pepper
(I know I've mentioned this before, but I use Pictsweet frozen chopped bell pepper and onion to save prep time.)
1 16 oz. bag frozen spinach, thawed
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can white queso
3 cups cooked rice (Use instant to make this a quick n easy meal.)
1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1/2 stick butter
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Make 3 cups instant rice.
3. Lightly coat a large skillet with vegetable oil.
4. Over medium-high heat, saute chicken, green onions, bell peppers, and onions until chicken is done and onions are clear.
5. Add thawed spinach, Rotel, queso, cooked rice, monterey jack cheese, and butter. Stir until butter and cheese are melted.
6. Pour mixture into a 9X13 casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes at 350.